21.Jul.2010 Light Graffiti Spotlight – July 2010 – Tofa
How did you get into light graffiti?
After I experienced an installation of Pipslab (NL), the pioneers in interactive light-writing – In 2003, I was asked to take photos of well-known Berlin graffiti Artists Akim & Zasd during their light-performance in 2005. For them it was just a one-night session, but for me it started to become passion. As there are no rules and boarders regarding the photos/films you can produce with little efforts, it’s a perfect thing for working actively offline. That’s when I started in 2005, together with my friend Nash, on photographing longtime-exposure shots with lots of experimental concepts. Today I combine all skills of multimedia to get my imaginations and concepts visible.
Describe your work/style in three words.
Analogue/digital, urban, conceptual
Who has influenced you and your work?
Vaserely, Picasso, Pipslab, Akim
What are some interesting projects you’ve worked on?
- Showcase for Sony alpha Camera 2009
- Interior-designs and the art direction for Tresor Berlin with my crew “The Core” since 2007
- 1st International lightwrite festival in 2009
- Hugescale mappings at TresorM, space for contemporary art and music
What are some of your upcoming projects?
- Development of our studio/institute Schaltraum (http://www.schaltraumberlin.com) – a unique space for digital arts, conferences and multimedia-purposes
- A China-tour with showcases and lectures at universities this autumn
- A Documentary film about Detroit’s techno roots
- An international light-writing book
Do you have any advice for people who want to get into light graffiti?
Go out, and get active. Make yourself a concept, integrating your ideas in urban environment. And for sure – less is more.
Why do you love 12Vspotlight?
It´s so mini and bright at the same time that I can always take it with me in my pockets.
Who do you want to give a shout out/ big ups to?
Big up to my crew “The Core,” then to Tresor, especially Dimitri, who always supported me in my projects. Thanks!
Photographer Credit: Tofa | Chris Noelle
If you would like your work to be featured in our “Light Graffiti Spotlight,” please contact us at email@example.com.
To view previously featured light graffiti artists, please click here.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.